Monday, April 11, 2011

Life of Pi (up to page 86)

These pages I read on the way to Chicago with Miqueas and my parents. Of course, with my style of memory, it is difficult to really picture what is happening in the book visually because when I think upon a certain happening in the book I see whatever I was looking out the window at when I heard that part, if I wasn't following along. Right now I'm listening to the new Panda Bear song from NPR's website. Anyway, I really enjoyed Pi's telling of his finding of faith, or more like faiths. The mixture of Islam, Christianity and Hinduism is an interesting one; it reminds me the final episode of Lost. He hasn't into his story about Richard Parker quite yet, but I'm patiently following along with what he's telling now. I got this really cool animated kangaroo bookmark from this bookstore in Downer's Grove in Chicago, and currently it marks the beginning of chapter 33 which I will start with again soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment