Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Agh....

Yesterday could have been the worst day of my life. For about a week, I was anxiously waiting to hear the news from my mom about her biopsy results -- she had an irregular mammogram. Sunday night, subconsciously restless lying in bed, I couldn't fall asleep until about 1 AM. I woke up at 5AM from a nightmare, the first I've had for at least a year. During lunch I fell asleep in a beanbag chair in the library and woke up about 10 into the second half of 5th period, Algebra 2 with Lamping. He was rather pissed upon my arrival, I could tell. After he finished lecturing, he approached my desk with a rumbling voice, "Where've you been?", he asked.
I could have easily told a lie, such as: "I had an emergency and had to go the bathroom", etc.; Rather, I told the truth, as I'm cursed to always do, and admitted to have nodded off in the purple beanbag chair next to the children's books in the IMC. Tilting his head, he told me I was truant.
So, now I have a 2-hour detention sometime soon. But luckily, the day got better when I talked to my mom and she told me that her test results were OK. The petty truancy issue melted away.

No comments:

Post a Comment