Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Creativity" log #1

I have begin to read "Creativity: the magical synthesis" for my Etymology class and have come to find it extremely intriguing. This book basically covers every aspect, idea and question of the psychology of creativity. So far I've read an overview about the difference between spontaneity, originality and creativity. As it went into the explanation of spontaneity it mentioned a technique used in psychoanalysis called 'free association'. This is what really made me want to keep reading. Free association, as it explained, was where the patient would lay down and completely relaxed his/her mind and simply say absolutely that came to mind; Any images, ideas, sounds, theories, etc., would pour out of him/her as pure, raw creativity. The process, to me, is one of the most interesting things I have ever come across, and it was only page 7. More to come, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment