Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Working

"I don't mind Working,
I'd rather be on hills of sand." - Avey Tare

I got a job, finally. I was roaming around the jobs page on Craigslist and replied to a post about a food server at a retirement home. I told the employer, John S., that I've always loved senior citizens and was currently looking for work. Luckily, he was looking to hire high-school students because of their availability during the weekends and during dinner hours. I met with John at Arbor Glen Retirement Community off of St. Joe road, filled out an application and talked with him briefly about what I'd be doing. Pretty basic things.
I am excited, however, to start actually doing something with my time.

3 comments:

  1. I think that it's really nice that your working in a retirement home. Not everyone would be up for that being with old people and how they smell. I do like spending time with old people though. They are cute and have lots of good stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome! That sounds like a fun job. I agree with reach for the moon, older people are very fun to be around. I hope your job goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, thanks guys! They don't smell by the way. The smell like flower perfume and the men smell like elbow grease and baseball. Rofl, idk.

    ReplyDelete