Friday, February 11, 2011

TDLK Finished (spoilers)

Finally finished The Dart League King during my 2-hour detention yesterday. I really, truly loved the ending. I loved the mystery of what happened to Kelly Ashton. Even if she died, anyone can still consider it a happy ending, somehow. In this one night, Russel Harmon emerges from his shell of immaturity and substance with a beautiful concept of life. He will care for his daughter, not with the same, obsessive nervosa he used earlier that night to deal with his concentration of his dart games, but in a new, fresh method of compassion and paternalism.
The last few chapters kept me guessing. It wasn't until I realized that I was on the second to last page that I came to the conclusion that, however this thing ended, it was going to be brief and powerful. And I was right.

3 comments:

  1. "He will care for his daughter, not with the same, obsessive nervosa he used earlier that night to deal with his concentration of his dart games, but in a new, fresh method of compassion and paternalism."

    Really like this commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you realize, though, we need to start logging our reading more frequently here. Otherwise, great, personal blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah my bad. I'll start doing it more.

    ReplyDelete