Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Action List 3.22.11

1000 Awesome Things: This site is really cool! How fun it would be to create a list of similar situations in life. The first one to catch my eye was "Opening a new can of Tennis Balls and smelling them." aaaahhhhhhhh that's a great moment. "When all the Blood rushes to your foot after it was asleep" is another awesome one. I want to write a song about that feeling.

Favorite Daily Poem so far: I think, if I had to choose one, that "Those Winter Sunday's" is one of my favorite poems we've had this semester. I think it invokes more senses than others do upon reading it. The "blueblack cold" gives me the image of the gray-blue light that comes through my bedroom window when I accidentally wake up at 4 or 5am before the sun rises. The part in which the dad makes a fire gives me the familiar sensation of sitting before the fireplace in early December with the heat on my face and a itchy blanket wrapped around my shoulders. Though the author seems to remember the mornings when he got up early for church, unlike any specific memories I have, I feel I can still easily relate.


No comments:

Post a Comment